What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

interesting op ed on tablets.

JD

Staff member
I feel like quite a few years ago, it was leaked or Apple had said themselves, that macOS was dead and that iOS would be their unified OS across all devices (laptop, tablet, phone). I suppose it's just taken them a bit longer, but I think they had the same vision as MS since Windows 8. Not saying MS has been wholly successful in their endeavours, but they technically have/had a unified OS across laptop, tablet and phones, even a gaming console.

Mr. Friendly

I feel like quite a few years ago, it was leaked or Apple had said themselves, that macOS was dead and that iOS would be their unified OS across all devices (laptop, tablet, phone). I suppose it's just taken them a bit longer, but I think they had the same vision as MS since Windows 8. Not saying MS has been wholly successful in their endeavours, but they technically have/had a unified OS across laptop, tablet and phones, even a gaming console.
hmmm...seems it was in another article discussing a similar topic...but Apple's message regarding their iPad Pro's has changed. 2018 / 2019, they advertised it with a tag line indicated it was like a notebook...and now they're talking about it like a tablet again. but...as pointed out, the iPad has gone from being a consumption device to supporting keyboards, stylus / pens and now having track pad support. all they need to do to make it a real contender is open up the restrictions on how software can operate on the iPad...kinda like how Apple did when they moved to Intel's x86 CPU's. that was the watershed moment that allowed Mac's to become truly popular and considered by the general public as a general computing device.