What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Internet problem.

TopDogZero

Hey guys, Hope you can help me out.
Here is the problem, for the last couple weeks now Fire fox and Internet Explorer have been have issues with certain pages. When I go to a site like HWC the banners on the site pop up immediately but the rest of the page does not load, if I leave it like that it will just say loading forever, but if I click the refresh button one or more times it will eventuality load (Sometimes the site works right off the bat). And when it does load everything comes up immediately (I am on high speed with Bell by the way).

I don’t think it is my router, hubs or the rest of the network, I think it must be a something on my PC. The reason for me thinking this is because when I go on to my kids PC which is on the same network everything works grate (this bugs me to no end as I am always warning her about playing some stupid flash game and getting spyware and the other crap she installs, but hers work but mine don’t :angry2:) the only difference is her PC is running Win XP.

Anyway it happens on many sites, like in the pics below, but if I go on some other sites there are no problems. For instance 3Dgamerman, jonnyguru, maximumpc and Yahoo.ca are sites I visit regularly without a problem. So I’m thinking there is code on some sites that affects what’s going on, I think that there is something on my rig that is broken software wish and now it has problem with this code?

Have tried to reinstall Firefox, disable firewall change settings on router and other things, is there a good software I can run to inspect my rig for networking problems and internet related problems (I really don’t want to reinstall Vista again).

309749242bc65e5f3.jpg

309749242bc680bea.jpg

309749242bc6836d5.jpg

Chilly

From your images it looks almost as if you lost internet connection halfway thru loading the page. I see websites lod like that on slow internet connections, its interesting to see a website compile itself in front of you. Run Ad-Aware SE, Spybot Search & Destroy, and check out HijackThis.

Sorry I can't be of more help, it really looks like its losing its connection halfway thru loading the page but that doen't seem to be the case here.

Tazer-[X]

You guy sDO NOT know what you are talking about. Read your RFC's Read your MCSE books. REad your bugTraq's. Scrap ware is what you pay for. most of its free for a reason. hmm, I think Oracle is really good coz its Free? No, oracle is good coz its been developed. Kinda like norton if you actually configure it. Like your firewall. Like your router. QUIT giving bad advice. Your a OCer. Im an old mcse. LoL sometimes I get a kick out of peeps that play with hardware and think they know software. I know software, not hardware.

joeperson

I haven't seen much or dug up much to say ccleaner is spyware. That's not to say there may be some history around the program. It is however almost entirely useless for you to run to trouble shoot this problem. It dumps caches, empties temp folders, and dumps some of windows meta data. All things that probably aren't interfering with page loads.

3 of 7

ccleaner is the first thing he should run, first off, if he hasn't been diligent about cleaning out cookies and temp internet files etc, it'll make any scan one hell of a lot quicker... It'll get rid of gigs of shit with one click, and yes, I've seen borked page loads that work after dumping cookies and temp files.
2nd to the guy that "knows software" If people had to pay for every little bit of programing they used they'd all be on macs. ( or they'd all be paying guys like you a ton of money ) and that just wouldn't be any fun now would it?

TopDogZero

Thanks for the advice guys. I have anti spyware running and antivirus. I'll try cleaning my cookies, I have Firefox setup to delete temp files when I exit and history is set very low.
But I don't think my temp files are the problem as I said before it happens on IE too, and I don't use IE so there should be no temp files to worry about with it.

Since it works on some site's without issues, I been thinking it has some thing to do with flash? going to try Opera and that new Google software and see if they work.

Any other idea's would be appreciated, I don't know much about networking but could this have to do with DNS settings in Vista or something like that.

Latest posts