What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Internet Providers In Edmonton

lowfat

Staff member
I'm just stumbling upon this conversation but there's plenty of places in AB that offer gig fiber. Both Telus and Eastlink offer 1GB in most areas. Also @lowfat I'm pretty sure you can at least get 1gig with Eastlink now. It's been available in Cold Lake for many years. Anywhere that Telus has fiber you're pretty much guaranteed to have 940/940 also.
I had Eastlink '1 Gbps' 3-4 years ago. Never got anywhere near those speeds. And it still had the pathetic 10mbps upload speed that all their plans have here. Never found it to be worth the $160ish a month for just internet.

Last edited:

ipaine

I've been with Telus in Edmonton for a long time, like 15 years. I'm finally on fiber but the highest plan I could get was 750/750 but I when doing speed tests I get about 780/780. I currently pay $185/month but that includes home phone and TV with a decent number of channels. That said this was not a normal deal and I did have to talk to someone to get it.

Before the fiber I was on their 150mbs dsl and it worked great. Honestly the outages or issues I've had with Telus regarding network are hardly any. But while I can sign their praises for reliability (for me in my area at least) I will say that just like Shaw or damn near anyone else, the first line of support can be frustrating to deal with at times, but hardly having to deal with them makes it a little better.

Latest posts