What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Internet teaming

timbruun

maybe i'm hard headed or something. but i still don't get why the motherboard says it can do teaming between the two lan ports as long as i have to different incoming connections with two different i.p. s and i have noticed a speed increase. quite noticeable actually. i can surf and have down/uploading going at the same time no problem.

enaberif

windows is probably choosing what goes to what card.

I say use speedtest and check your speeds with each connection separately then check them with the teaming on.. see how much difference there really is.

timbruun

see all i noticed with speedtest is that the dsl is faster than wireless. nothing helped when i plugged both into the computer and i can't find anywhere to turn on teaming in the bios or vista

enaberif

see all i noticed with speedtest is that the dsl is faster than wireless. nothing helped when i plugged both into the computer and i can't find anywhere to turn on teaming in the bios or vista

Because teaming is nothing to do with the bios or with the OS it has to do with the network adapters in your machine and only the software that came with it can do it... nothing else.

So like I said.. run your wireless on speed test, run your adsl on speed test.. get results.
Team up run speedtest .. get results

Any real difference?

Chances are if you are noticing things ARE faster its because windows is probably in some way defaulting to using the adsl connection over the wireless.

timbruun

interesting.. unless it's worth installing the software that came with the maximus board and checking if there is anything on there

miggs78

well even so all you are doing is dedicating one adapter to one connection and the other adapter to the other card.

You aren't combining them to make things "faster"

That requires special hardware.

Ditto. Exactly what happens, I've tried it before, with no major improvements, or I shall say I had really no noticeable improvements except for uploading a little better while downloading at the same time.

timbruun

well that's too bad. that means the dsl is faster... which i guess i knew.. but telus likes to cap their internet.. and i'm not a fan of bandwidth caps

Latest posts