What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

IP camera software to view remotely on phone

justmehereajax

What software do you use to access IP cameras remotely?

I have 6 IP cameras mounted in my house. I would like to view them remotely outside.

What is the reliable inexpensive method to view them on a smartphone?

Thanks,

Dave

justmehereajax

Old post but I ponied up and bought Blue Iris to view my cameras all over the world using free DDNS name that I renew once a month.

No hic cups but some of the audio is garbled when listening. But its ok. I use the software on my HTPC/Server with 12 cameras hooked up. I got various camera makes and models, old and quite new, VGA to HD to 960p too.

It is reassuring knowing where everyone and everything is in the home

LionRed

Blue Iris app...it can get the IP when it changes.

On another note ----- I created a group in my EdgeRouter, put the ip numbers for the cameras in the group and then blocked the group from having internet access. Prevents the cameras from calling home.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I'm not sure what there is for universal software...but if you're using the same brand for all your camera's, they likely have an app for that.

edit - also, mod's should probably move this into the networking forum, since its about networking based gear. :ph34r: