What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

IP cameras. What is a good brand ?

LionRed

Dahua (Dahua Starlight for good night time picture quality) or Hikvision. Both work easily enough with Blue Iris.

From over at ipcamtalk - "note - some of the lorex kits sold at Costco are Dahua OEM though w/o the Dahua IVS features - some are not and are from another OEM which I have not yet read which OEM they are."

BlueIris/Dahua Cam pic down at the shed --

Attachments

• Horse Shed.JPG
    Horse Shed.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 73

justmehereajax

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I've heard Dahua is about the same as Hikvision for quality but comes with better user support than Hikvision. as I mentioned, Hikvision won't support end user unless it's warranty. all technical assistance has to come from their reseller.

justmehereajax

So now I have 9 cameras ... 3x3 grid which is nice. My crappy Belkin N600 router dedicated to the cameras (also Smart plugs and google home minis) can not keep up with 4 wifi N cameras streaming to Blue Iris.

I bought an open boxed Foscam C1 lite which eats up all the bandwidth I think lol

I bought a used Trendnet camera and I am quite pleased with it (2015 model) Took a damn long time to arrive because of lazy ebay shippers.. I had to ask 2 times until they shipped it finally...

The plastics on the Trendnet is solid and looks top notch. Makes it look premium lol

Should I separate the IP cameras to its own AP? If so what should I buy for 3x480p and one 720p?

justmehereajax

I finally wired up most of my IP cameras and the viewing is solid now.
Now only one HD camera and one VGA wireless.

From now on I will try to get wired cameras just or the sake of best connections.
I am ordering 2 more cameras. TrendNet VGA ones from China. I hope they are as advertised. Trendnet has been good to me and my boss.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/TRENDnet-Wi...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

clshades

A separate AP if it's wired otherwise it's the same wireless bandwidth.

So now I have 9 cameras ... 3x3 grid which is nice. My crappy Belkin N600 router dedicated to the cameras (also Smart plugs and google home minis) can not keep up with 4 wifi N cameras streaming to Blue Iris.

I bought an open boxed Foscam C1 lite which eats up all the bandwidth I think lol

I bought a used Trendnet camera and I am quite pleased with it (2015 model) Took a damn long time to arrive because of lazy ebay shippers.. I had to ask 2 times until they shipped it finally...

The plastics on the Trendnet is solid and looks top notch. Makes it look premium lol

Should I separate the IP cameras to its own AP? If so what should I buy for 3x480p and one 720p?

Latest posts