What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Is blood conductive?

Cptn Vortex

So I thought I would just quickly remove a mobo from an old case and test it out... Little did I know that Intel's old QX series OEM Extreme Edition CPU cooler was literally a multi-bladed razor... She cut pretty damn deep into the top of my hand!

After I patched up my hand, I had to unplug the 8 pin CPU connector and promply cut the thumb on my other hand LOL. Not a recommended cooler....

Last edited:

MacJunky

Well, you could always strip the board and wash it if you are concerned.

But I do not actually have an answer to your question.

FreeKnight

It should be. Between the plasma, salts, hemoglobin, and other stuff in it I would highly suspect blood's conductive, probably not a good conductor, but somewhere along the lines of dirty water.

On the upside, you can attach a rope to that cooler and fight off anyone who wants to steal your next batch of hardware :D

Bond007

That's quite the CPU cooler wound. I would also say it is conductive. Going to have to somehow give it a good clean...not quite sure how (especially in those ram slots).

Cptn Vortex

Lol I wasn't quite ready to burn myself at the same time. Cleaned it up as good as I could, slowed the bleeding enough to put some poly on it then managed to get gauze taped on with only one hand. Fun stuff! Oh and the board isn't booting yet... I wasn't sure if it was good before though.