What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

is it possible to turn laptop into NAS?

Shadowmeph

I have an older Leno t400 laptop that Idont use and am thinking of turning it into a free nas using internal hard drive and an external drive is it possible and worth it to do so current;y I have an external drive hooked into my routers usb port which works fine but not sure if it is good for the router lol

Izerous

I think it would be possible but maybe not practical. I think you might have issues getting to work clamshelled and would need to leave it open all the time and probably less useful to your current arrangement. If you do go through with it I would be interested in the results.

JD

Staff member
T400 is really old, that's still Core 2 Duo era. I'm not sure it would run much better than your router sharing a USB drive.

Shadowmeph

ok cool I will just find an old HD and install an OS that will work with it and give it to someone ( needy ) in my building.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter