What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Is the closed loop LCS market oversaturated?

geoc

I've been looking at the new Zalman LCS, and not suprisingly they made zero effort to differentiate themselves from their manufacturer's other clients (Antec Kuhler). With all the cooling companies making closed loop solutions, there are only a couple that actually manufactures and designs them (CoolIT, Asetek, etc)

Not to mention review sites loves to churn out the latest reviews on them, not that I blame them because it's their job, but it's getting extremely repetitive since you can gauge what their performance would be like just by looking at their form factor (ie. pump housing, shape of rad) because 6 months ago another company already released the same damn thing.

What's up with all these re branded identical units, they don't differentiate themselves from others. Other than price, why should I choose on brand over the other?

What do you guys think about this?

Bond007

Really it all comes down to who the oem is (if you have a preferance), the fan that gets used, price and warranty in my opinion. Like you said, for the most part the actual rad, pump, lines, and base can often be identical.

supaflyx3

NZXT just announced 140MM and 280MM LCS, that would be your best bet at the moment.

Last edited:

b1lk1

It is only oversaturated if you would rather pay more for a AIO cooling solution. The flooding of the market has dropped prices quite a bit and made them a better choice than air in most circumstances now.

1V4NCIBL3

The new Zalman LQ3xx-series LCS seems interesting however it looks like its OEM Asetek.

The new Enermax I wouldn't touch, since they are OEM AVC and the original LCS failed miserably.

Corsair owns the LCS market with over 65%+ share. They are launching all new revised-series watercoolers (such as the H100i & H80i) featuring new revised waterblocks which average 3C cooler than current gen.

enaberif

The new Zalman LQ3xx-series LCS seems interesting however it looks like its OEM Asetek.

The new Enermax I wouldn't touch, since they are OEM AVC and the original LCS failed miserably.

Corsair owns the LCS market with over 65%+ share. They are launching all new revised-series watercoolers (such as the H100i & H80i) featuring new revised waterblocks which average 3C cooler than current gen.

You either have Asetek or Coolit.

Asetek is the biggest OEM provider of these systems out there.

Corsair uses Coolit

Latest posts

Twitter