What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Is this a good deal for a friend?

Bartacus

Hey guys, looking for a quick price check here to make sure I'm giving a buddy of mine a good deal. I rarely sell anything, but my buddy has 2 babies and not much disposable income, and I have a partial Ryzen rig I don't need since I went X570 recently. So I'd be selling the following:

Asus Crosshair 6 Hero (X370, latest BIOS)
Ryzen R7 1700 (non-X)
2 x 8GB G.Skill FlareX 3200 CL14

I was thinking $500 would be a good deal, but since I rarely sell any nerd toys, I'm not sure. If someone could let me know if that's a decent deal, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Bond007

Hey guys, looking for a quick price check here to make sure I'm giving a buddy of mine a good deal. I rarely sell anything, but my buddy has 2 babies and not much disposable income, and I have a partial Ryzen rig I don't need since I went X570 recently. So I'd be selling the following:

Asus Crosshair 6 Hero (X370, latest BIOS)
Ryzen R7 1700 (non-X)
2 x 8GB G.Skill FlareX 3200 CL14

I was thinking $500 would be a good deal, but since I rarely sell any nerd toys, I'm not sure. If someone could let me know if that's a decent deal, that would be awesome. Thanks!

With case etc, or just those parts? If it is just those parts, the price seems high to me.

I know it's an expensive motherboard, but for $500ish I would recommend a brand new B450 MOB, 16gb ram, and R7 3600. High end MOB are a tough sell used IMO.

I think I agree with ball park prices mentioned above...and I wouldn't suggest someone on a tight budget spluge on an older high end MOB.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, you might not want to hear it, but I'd be thinking more along the lines of $350 for cpu/motherboard/mem combo.

Bartacus

Yeah, you might not want to hear it, but I'd be thinking more along the lines of $350 for cpu/motherboard/mem combo.

Oh but I DO want to hear that. :) This is for a good buddy in a tight financial situation, so I want him to get a great deal. I just wasn't sure what that number was, since prices have dropped quite a bit, especially RAM.

I'll knock the price down to $350. I'm throwing in a Wraith cooler from a 2700x too, just so he can have something relatively good looking. :biggrin: Thanks for the sanity check gentlemen!

Bond007

Oh but I DO want to hear that. :) This is for a good buddy in a tight financial situation, so I want him to get a great deal. I just wasn't sure what that number was, since prices have dropped quite a bit, especially RAM.

I'll knock the price down to $350. I'm throwing in a Wraith cooler from a 2700x too, just so he can have something relatively good looking. :biggrin: Thanks for the sanity check gentlemen!

Sounds like a fair price to me. Bad time to sell those parts for you (relatively), since ram has got cheaper, new ryzen dropped old ryzen value, and you have a fast depreciating high end board. Should be a solid base for whoever is getting it though!

Bartacus

Bartacus the GOOD.....Cheers mate....:thumb:

Edit: I never sell stuff .....
Thanks buddy. :thumb: I never do either, but it's about time I did. I've still got two old systems I don't use (currently in pieces). He picked it up today, and he's more horny for PC building now than he ever was for his wife, LOL! :clap:

Latest posts