What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Is this definatly the motherboard or psu?

andynerd

I Tested the green power_on wire and it said 3v, When I hooked everything up and hit the power switch the voltage never changed. Could this possibly mean the motherboard is dead? I also tested the leads where the power switch connects to and it is getting power it has a slightly higher voltage (.1-.3 higher) but nothing major. The board is a p5pe-vm.

MarkOne

Banned
a short test to know if the psu work is to use a jumper to short the green wire and the black wire at his side , it will turn on the PSU . of course do this with the 20 or 24 connectors removed from the motherboard.

Last edited:

andynerd

it turned on so i guess that means motherboard -_- lovely. But I can't be surprised the onboard lan doesn't work and it was used as a home server for 2-3 years.

MarkOne

Banned
it's look stupid, but can it be your power switch ? , and don't get the way you test it. try to jump the 2 connectors on the board with a screw driver, or just plug the reset switch on the power connector

andynerd

when i short the green wire it turns on when i use the power switch it does nothing. The motherboard is getting power though the standby light is on.

KaptCrunch

bypass the start switch to see if is faulty, using dime to short the start pins only

Latest posts