What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Is this good? Or should I change something?

Biff73

I am from Singapore where ambient is 28-32 degrees Celsius, high humidity all year long. NO, Its definitely not a bad mount,I have been building pc for over 20 years & build for clients too. Those clunky air coolers have flaws that you seem to forget:they are reliant on room ambient temps, bigger ones especially Noctua D15 get in the way of dimm slots when using taller ram, also not every country is cold like Canada, hanging a near 1kg on the motherboard is never a good idea.U try your Noctua D15 with room ambient of 30c & see how badly it will, don't you understand the difference between liquid & air?

gingerbee

Of course, I understand the different thermal dynamics of water over air. I water-cooled for 15 years, but you sir are 100% correct when your ambient is that high there is very little you can do besides water cool and that is only going to help so much even at those temps lol

I mean in your ambient all you can really do is water cool and transfer that heat load into your loop and have big rads.

I assumed you were in North America this being a Canada site and all, that was my mistake sorry for that.

I use benches so I wouldn't have to worry about transfer the weight to the board. yes I get that most don't but not all coolers are super heavy

I now prefer air coolers that can easily hang with AIO or crappy loops which a few of the high-end Noctua coolers do and there's your mistake for assuming that the op lives in crazy heat as you do.

That being said most folks in North America don't need water or AIO and most people can't afford to spend what they spent on a pc for cooling components. water cooling parts are not cheap in Canada. But they are nice to have if you fancy them but not needed really up to the op

sorry for the off-topic op but I would just suggest a decent air cooler. unless I am 2 for 2 on assumptions and you live in a very hot climate

Biff73

Here is one point you don't quite get it,most people on this planet have ambients from 18-25c give & take,so a liquid cooler always beats air cooler in most case,while temperature may appear the same,water is better than air at sustaining temperature.Try having a fan blowing at you at 20c & a glass of water at 20c poured on you.Also the majority of pc users use tower case,not a test bench

Last edited:

Bond007

his planet have ambients from 18-25c give & take,so a liquid cooler always beats air cooler in most case,while temperature may appear the same,water is better than air at sustaining temperature.Try having a fan blowing at you at 20c & a glass of water at 20c poured on you.Also the majority of pc users use tower case,not a test bench
I don't think you are taking away the big picture. A few points for you to consider:
- Air isn't technically as efficient as water, however, that is not the only variable in play.
- At low noise levels, air coolers give better temps than water (generally, unless you are on a custom silent build loop, since you have the noise of blowing the air through a rad, and the pump noise).
- Air offers way more performance per $ unless you go really high end air (and even still the value is generally better than water)
- Unless you have a crazy hot CPU, or have very high room temps, Ryzen 3000 are perfectly fine on air.

I think this needs to go back to the OP's topic now.

Biff73

Based on OP budget, best he stick with the included wraith prism cooler, it's an air cooler & rgb & it's free

gingerbee

If you can afford it noctua nhd15 or dark rock pro keeps up with and beats most AIO and its only 100 bucks. if not rock stock wraith prism decent cooler.

Your right on the 32gb of ram too, I can see as high as 14gb just running battlefield 5 on ultra with raytracing. good luck with your build