What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

isn't it interesting on how many ways are being discovered to forecast your death?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
...or contracting all sorts of terrible diseases and syndromes and sit?

now its looking like they can see whether you're likely to die younger during your bi-annual* eye exam:

*I looked up the definition of bi-annual and it can refer to every two years or twice a year, which does make it a very confusing word, LoL!

sswilson

Staff member
...or contracting all sorts of terrible diseases and syndromes and sit?

now its looking like they can see whether you're likely to die younger during your bi-annual* eye exam:

*I looked up the definition of bi-annual and it can refer to every two years or twice a year, which does make it a very confusing word, LoL!

It might be common usage, but I'm pretty sure the folks using it to refer to twice/year are in the wrong. 2X / year should be referred to as Semiannual.

Bicentennial immediately comes to mind as a quick and easy reference as to the proper usage.

FreeKnight

It might be common usage, but I'm pretty sure the folks using it to refer to twice/year are in the wrong. 2X / year should be referred to as Semiannual.

Bicentennial immediately comes to mind as a quick and easy reference as to the proper usage.
Agreed. Bi-annual is definitely every two years. I think this is a case where enough people use it incorrectly that it's become used erroneously as often as not.

Kind of like people using 'irregardless' when they should use 'regardless', or 'excetera' instead of 'et cetera'...

Lysrin

Kind of like people using 'irregardless' when they should use 'regardless', or 'excetera' instead of 'et cetera'...
*shudder*

Another one is "orien-ta-ted" The word is oriented. Context "I oriented the map to the ground" for example. And don't even start on people saying "literally" for everything... :rolleyes:

crazyea

You are on a roll today. Second time I'm typing something and you beat me to it. haha.

On2wheels

*shudder*

Another one is "orien-ta-ted" The word is oriented. Context "I oriented the map to the ground" for example. And don't even start on people saying "literally" for everything... :rolleyes:
Or the word "like". My coworker is a woman in her mid 40s with kids, very good job, many details to manage and various people to interact with daily. But listen to her in the lunch room at breaktimes and you'd swear you're back in college with how many times the word 'like' is tossed around in her stories. It takes all my strength to not say something if I'm within earshot. :/

Latest posts