What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Issue with RTX 2080?

CactusJoe

Hey, i tried googling this but didnt find anything usefull... :(

Im playing games on steam (dota 2, path of exile, etc.) with a rtx 2080. Once in a while the games are freezing. It dosnt look like a fps drop since the steam integrated fps counter dosnt go down. When i play path of exile, the problem is 1000% worse, it happens every few seconds, its unbearable.

I tried lowering the graphics, setting the games to fullscreen and such to no avail. I tried reinstalling the drivers but it didnt work. My windows is up to date. GPU tweak tells me the temps are around 60 degrees on the gpu and i do not see dents in the gpu's clocks. Windows performance manager tell me gpu goes to 80% but cpu is around 70%. I really am clueless at this point.

I read on google that people were having similar problems with the 20XX serie. Altrought, im not 100% it is the problem at this point.

How do you troubleshoot such a problem? What program should i use?

Games are on a nvem ssd, 7900k cpu, 16gb ram.

Bond007

Did you check gpu temps? If temperatures are fine I would put my guess on it being drivers. I would do a full uninstall of driver’s, run “display driver uninstalled” to make sure everything is gone, and reinstall the driver.

rjbarker

Did you check gpu temps? If temperatures are fine I would put my guess on it being drivers. I would do a full uninstall of driver’s, run “display driver uninstalled” to make sure everything is gone, and reinstall the driver.

As Bond and Kapt said..."clean install" using DDU ....dont just re-install Driver over the Driver thats there....what PSU? .....anything Overclocked? If anything Overclocked revert to stock as well n test..if you have another GPU you can throw in there for testing would be good....if its still borked as the others said...RMA

Dwayne

I play PoE and there are a couple of things you could try. If you are running DX11, try DX9 and see if the problem is still there. Perhaps a common thread is DX11 with the other steam games? Maybe try to remove and reinstall, or repair, the Direct X installation?

Also, check your client UI for the network setting "Lockstep" and try Predictive. A lot of people have had problems with Lockstep as it is trying to do a 1 to 1 info transfer with the server and the client could pause waiting for a response, which causes a freeze and then a speed up.

Latest posts

Twitter