What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ITS SO GOOD - Dell XPS 13 9300 (2020) Review

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
Last edited:

Lysrin

Nice looking laptop for sure. I don't like the reviewed colour and agree with Eber about the backlight on white keys. I guess I'm old school but I still like a non-descript black laptop; something that sets me apart from the Starbucks crowd! :p

moocow

I still like a non-descript black laptop; something that sets me apart from the Starbucks crowd!
Is that because you want everyone you're a struggling writer?

I'll wait for a Ryzen version of ultrabooks and see what the differences are. I can't shake the feeling that the Intel are still power crippled in this laptop format since it's still more power hungry and hotter. Remember the Intel i9 laptops?

JD

Staff member
I haven't used an XPS 13 since the original M1330 way back in 2007? But even back then, it had a very premium feel to it (still have it actually). This seems to continue it's trend though in "premium" feel with the materials and build quality.

The X1 Carbon and the X1 Yoga I've used, I'm not certain I'd define them as "premium" feel. Sure, they're solid and well built, but they feel like most any other ThinkPad. My old Macbook Pro 13 (late-2012 I think?) still feels more premium to me than the X1 Yoga I use for work daily. Something about cool metal surfaces just feels better to me than plastic-feeling devices.

Latest posts

Twitter