What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ITX Case Recommendations?

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
Soooo, I finally stopped procrastinating and ran some CAT5E to the living room to move my ATOM in there. The free Aopen mid tower I stuck this in originally sticks out like a sore thumb now and I need something a little sleaker to put it in.

Requirements:

- Black, charcoal or silver in colour
- comes with PSU would be a bonus (20pin + 4 atx)
- accepts at least 1 5.25 full size drive as well as 3.5 internal (so I don't need to replace these)
- cheaper the better - to a point, I'd like to avoid shreaded knuckles and fire hazzards
- room for 1 low profile passvely cooled PCI card (2400Pro)
- SFF or M-ATX are also acceptable

So, this is what the internet looks like at only 720p.... Think I need another HDMI cable.

MarkOne

Banned
Ask me if you have more question i have one here with only the motherboard install i can give you measurement if you need. and also pay attention to mini-itx case, some may need a 2.5 HD, can be more costly

Dr_BenD_over

Fallen Folder
Bah, it doesn't look like the passive HS on the 2400 will clear the hard drive. I've also eliminated:

Apex MI-008 - once again not enough room for the HS
In Win BM-648 - requires 2.5 drive with full height 5.25

TDA

If you're willing to wait a few weeks to months, check out

Lan Gear Inc.: Leading SFF case designs

and go to the forums. It's a brand new case by a startup company (one guy). Right now its mATX but he says he already has a ITX prototyped. I've been keeping my eye on the hardocp thread and I really like what I see.

martin_metal_88

+1 for the lian-li! I am waiting to get this little monster after Xmas with probably the P55 mini-ITX from DFI! Never work with but mark give me some good comment about it!

Latest posts

Twitter