What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

JDS LABS

clshades

Grabbed an Atom Dac and Amp stack and I've had a couple nights to use it, all I can say is I'll probably never buy another sound card again. What a difference even on relatively cheap Logitech Pro's. Sound is incredible for the price IMO. Not sure I needed the Dac but I didn't want to pay shipping twice so I pulled the trigger on both. Highly recommend if you're after a cheaper setup than some of the others out there.

The amp will drive 600 ohm headsets, so lots of room.

Mr. Friendly

awesome! JDS Labs makes some good Schiit.

an amp literally is a must. a DAC will help, but they're more nuanced in how they affect your sound. the Atom stack is known to be very neutral, doesn't color your sound in any way.

if you want to try adding warmth, the Monolith Liquid Spark amp is where it's at. the Schiit Magni 3+ is also warmish, but not as much as the LS. The Schiit Heresy is on the cooler side, more detail.

and it's not overly expensive to play around with those either as they only cost around $100 USD. :D

I have the ifi Zen DAC with iPower supply. loving it :D

Reactions: mGz

mGz

what gear are you running mGz?

For desktop? I use an ifi neo paired with some hd800s. I've got an LS50W II set up in the living room because my tinnitus has been flaring up to the point where using headphones has become a bit problematic. BTW have you upgraded to the latest firmware with the GTO filter? It's a night/day difference.

Years of going to concerts are finally starting to take its toll I presume.

Mr. Friendly

For desktop? I use an ifi neo paired with some hd800s. I've got an LS50W II set up in the living room because my tinnitus has been flaring up to the point where using headphones has become a bit problematic. BTW have you upgraded to the latest firmware with the GTO filter? It's a night/day difference.

Years of going to concerts are finally starting to take its toll I presume.
I'm thinking of the Neo myself...I quite like my Zen with the iPower and while the Neo uses Burr Brown, reviews are saying it doesn't have as warm a coloring as their other products.

mGz

I'm thinking of the Neo myself...I quite like my Zen with the iPower and while the Neo uses Burr Brown, reviews are saying it doesn't have as warm a coloring as their other products.

If somebody appreciates a warmer sound signature they'd be using tubes anyway and IIRC I'm pretty sure ifi uses BB chips for their entire line. Nevertheless, I'm just happy ifi finally listened to the consumer and is now offering more mid-range alternatives.

I'm enjoying the neo a lot though. This is coming from someone that's owned an OPPO-HA1 and RME-ADI 2.

Latest posts

Twitter