What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Just chucked a Pentium D 805 in my rig and holy crap does this thing suck

DerekOldschool

Sounds like what happened with the Enermax PSU in my 500W PSU roundup. It could still be your processor but I would check your PSU anyways.

Don't forget, in order for the maximum amount of power on the +12V rails on a GameXstream you have to have a minimal amount of load on the +3.3 and +5V rails. That shouldn't be much of a problem for you but it is another thing to consider.

As for a single rail PSU, you might want to look at the new Silverstone Olympia 650W or 750W.

How can you tell if that is the problem - I have experienced the same thing and I just happen to have an Enermax 535w all-in-one PSU - its on my list of upgrades..... but it was lower on the list - might just bump it up a notch or two.....:blarg:

sswilson

Staff member
How can you tell if that is the problem - I have experienced the same thing and I just happen to have an Enermax 535w all-in-one PSU - its on my list of upgrades..... but it was lower on the list - might just bump it up a notch or two.....:blarg:

That's the problem with PSU issues, they're soooo damn hard to clearly diagnose.

Looking at your sig though.... if it's your opty rig, I'm thinking it's time for an upgrade.......

DC S939, 4 HD, 2 cd/dvd, + a newer vid card...... if you're not over the limit of the PSU (although those were reported to be damn fine PSUs) you're certainly hugging the line. :)

M

Misoprostol

The problem with older power supplies is not so much the wattage as the way it's divided up. I had a Truepower 430W that couldn't handle my dual core X2 rig with an X800pro simply because it had too much dedicated to the 5V and 3.3V, and not enough to the 12V. That could be the case with your Enermax.

Latest posts

Twitter