What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

just got my go NAD's!

Mr. Friendly

big and red...just awkward with them hanging off my head instead of between my...well, anyhow. these thing are nice! I'm enjoying the sound even though they've not been broken in yet.

what am I talking about? the NAD HP-50 headphones. these are $400 headphones that follow the harman curve that are being cleared out by Visions for $128.

Last edited:

Mr. Friendly

different sound signature...still getting use to it. they're surprisingly bright...but at the same time, I've been listening to dark headphones, so I'm not used to good treble.

I find they fit okay...quite snug...but for the first few moments I thought of them as uncomfortable...my ears just touch the driver cover. however, after wearing for hours, no fatigue or discomfort, not like I had with the Sennheiser HD4.40BT's. that said, the 4.40BT's have broken in, so they are no longer uncomfortable.

Izerous

Folding Team
I mixed feelings about closed back headphones due to ears getting sweaty after 8+ hours in the office etc. Any specific comments about that with these as I'm kinda temped to swing by visions to look at these.

Mr. Friendly

I don't think you mean closed back...but rather over ear. I've never met a headphone that keeps cool in the summer, not even my 4.40BT's, which are on ear. in fact, they are the worst of my headphones...my over ear (open back) HE-35x and HE-4xx aren't as bad. I suspect that has something to do with the material the ear cups are made with as well.

my ears haven't gotten hot wearing these though...and at $128, it's such a bargain there's not much to lose. :)

Lpfan4ever

I don't think you mean closed back...but rather over ear. I've never met a headphone that keeps cool in the summer, not even my 4.40BT's, which are on ear. in fact, they are the worst of my headphones...my over ear (open back) HE-35x and HE-4xx aren't as bad. I suspect that has something to do with the material the ear cups are made with as well.

my ears haven't gotten hot wearing these though...and at $128, it's such a bargain there's not much to lose. :)
No, he means closed back. Those headphones are sealed (closed) when you put them on.

Izerous

Folding Team
No, he means closed back. Those headphones are sealed (closed) when you put them on.
Correct

I haven't bought a set of earbuds or on-ears in over a decade due to how uncomfortable I find them after 20 minutes let alone hours later. I tend to lean towards over-ear open-back head sets simply due to comfort after extended durations, but that is a price that is enough to perk my interest even if they are a closed back design.

Mr. Friendly

I know what open back and closed back headphones are...I have several of both. however I have never noticed much of a difference in over heating between open back, closed back or over ear...only the on ear Sennheiser. however they're an exception as my on ear Koss KPH30i's don't overheat either, neither do the KSC75's.