What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

just got my HiFiMan HE-4xx!

D

Dark Knight

It appears to be a rebranded He-400 to be honest. One of the complaints I have with Hifiman is the poor quality of the cable that they provide (not to mention that it tangles easily) and that those dual sided planars are heavy. I tried the He-500 a while ago and it was just s very heavy headphone. I'd rather get something like the HD-6XX which is a derivative of the flagship HD-650 (it was a flagship until the HD-800 was released).

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
well, the HE-350's and these new 4xx are not heavy in any way...but I do think the 350's are a bit more than the 4xx.

I've never had an issue with the cables tangling either...'cept with other cables on my desk. I'm in the process of deploying hardware, doodad's and thingamajiigers to manage that.

the bass response on the 4xx is much warmer than the 350's. like my 2170's, the 350's are very neutral, making them excellent for instrumental and lyrics.

D

Dark Knight

I've never had an issue with the cables tangling either...'cept with other cables on my desk. I'm in the process of deploying hardware, doodad's and thingamajiigers to manage that.

It's the silver cable that comes with the He-500 by default that easily tangles and is also stiff at the same time. The quality wasn't that great on it either and there been user reports of the 6.35mm end breaking off or being poor quality.

Latest posts