What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

just realized I don't have enough USB ports

Shadowmeph

is there something like a card of something like that so I can get more usb ports, I messed up my two front usb ports in my case I would fix them if I had a replacement but it would probably be easier just to find a card or even both anyone know where I can find some. as it is I only have 4 usb plugins when I need 7 or 8 if I want everything plugged in , I was scraping by with 6 when both my front usb plugings were working, I bent the pins somehow.

bojangles

Yup the hubs are easier, as you're definitely not likely to use up all the bandwidth at one time. You can get a cheap 4-port one at factory direct for like $4. The only time you'd need a powered USB hub is if you're using it all the time at max bandwidth. It wouldn't be able to handle all the devices at once. Now if you're pluggin in a keyboard, mouse and printer, you won't have any issues.

TimTheEnchanter

Just curious about it, what are all the things you guys have plugged in by USB? I've never missed usp ports. (I do use the ones from my ccase and my g11...)

bissa

Just curious about it, what are all the things you guys have plugged in by USB? I've never missed usp ports. (I do use the ones from my ccase and my g11...)

mouse, keyboard, printer, scanner, mic, webcam, external HDD, external DVD drive, and a 7 port USB hub that usualy has 3-6 thumbdrives plugged in; that leaves 3 USB ports on my case and however many ports I have free on my hub. yes I have used all of those at once. I dont beleive in having to plug in and unplug things.

TopDogZero

mouse, keyboard, printer, scanner, mic, webcam, external HDD, external DVD drive, and a 7 port USB hub that usualy has 3-6 thumbdrives plugged in; that leaves 3 USB ports on my case and however many ports I have free on my hub. yes I have used all of those at once. I dont beleive in having to plug in and unplug things.

LOL, was a time when I thought 3 USB ports was all I'd ever need, now I have 2 on front of case for digital camera and game controller and 6 on back of motherboard and 2 on rear bracket and I still need a hub :haha:.
Mouse, keyboard, game controller, digital camera, 2 web cams, 2 flash drives, usb headset, printer/scanner and mp3 player data and charging cable, that's it I think.

crazyhorsejohnny

lazy ass !!!:bleh:

Latest posts