What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Just wondering, too hot for gpu?

donkon

Basically i have my fans on top of rad blowing the hot air inside the case, just wondering though, i don't have my 295 watercooled, would the hot air make the gpu hotter, possibly to a extreme point? Right now i have 4 1200 rpm fans on the side door blowing the air out of the case, back fan and front fan sucking air inside.. Any comments?

donkon

well i am trying to find out from users with this experience, because my comp is not built fully yet and i want to know before i install the rad, because later it would be a pain in the... to switch the fans over and so on. I heard the 295's get pretty hot on the standard cooling

Prof. Dr. Silver

I run a 9800GX2, which gets boiling hot... temps running up to 100C. Make sure you have decent airflow in your case. I took off the casing an changed the TIM on both cards and now while folding :angry2: WU's (511 pointers make the cards very hot!) it still gets hot. Card 1 does 85C and card 2 does 90C, while the ambient temps are 24C/25C :shok:

donkon

thats what i mean, since your running the standard on your 295 and have temps from 85-87c, i'm worried that since hot air is blowing into the case it will make it exceed those numbers. But like i said i have 4 120mm fans on the side door of the haf pulling air out, maybe i should get them to blow air in?

Dazmode

I'd record temperatures, reverse fans and check again. Not much work to flip 4 fans.

gingerbee

why blow hot air into a case if you don't have too am i the only one confused buy this (and this is jmo but pull the air in the side and blow it out the top through your rads)

Latest posts