What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Just wondering

Kilauea

Hello,

as some of you may I started folding recently and now I have one question which I am itching to ask.

My max PPD is roughly 3.6k, depending on the WU, it goes as low as 3k. My understanding of things is that if I do a 3.6k PPD WU, the 3.6k assumes that at a constant speed, if you did work units that are as "generous", you will total 3.6k after your day.

Now my question is here, knowing what was stated in the previous paragraph, how could I manage to get 4689 points for the 18th according to this chart?

Btw I am clear, I never even got a project which yield 3.7k PPD.

geokilla

It all depends on your core speeds, what WU you get, etc. I say core speeds because you're folding on an ATI card.

I assume you're talking bout the GPU client. Did you run the SMP or Notfred/Linux clients?

Kilauea

Yeah, sorry I am only F@H client for GPU. Nothing else (besides Fahmon) to view my progress in real time.

Edit: My Core speeds varies in the day, but when I said 3.6k, it was at my max core speed with the WU that yields the most PPD.

Dead Things

Stanford's servers are a bit of a mess. You could have uploaded a WU or two that did not get added to the stats database until the next day. You see that sometimes - and in fact recently, there was a good 3 day stretch (or so) when stats weren't being updated - and then suddenly woosh! Everybody posted their personal best daily score the next day.

Perineum

Hrmm... seems to be an arms race between Safareus and you.....

Looks like you've got some extra PPD.

Let the cold war begin!

Last edited:

Safearus

Don't worry, I'll make sure I win, considering I'm throwing another GTX 250 into the mix, and another GTX 275 once I finish the gf's rig

/me laughs maniacially

Kilauea

Don't worry, I'll make sure I win, considering I'm throwing another GTX 250 into the mix, and another GTX 275 once I finish the gf's rig

/me laughs maniacially

You can throw all you want, I already managed to be ahead of you for longer than I expected and by the looks of it, it is not over... Muahahahahah
I got 2770 points ahead of you... :bananafunky:

Will soon need to get info about how to fold with ur CPU.

Back to the main question.

Well its the 3rd consecutive day where my actual daily point production is exceeding what my max PPD shows. And actually its rising by quite a bit and considerably more than my max PPD.

I mean
18th: 4689
19th: 4965
20th: 7260 (and the day is not even over)

I'll say it again, accoridng to Fahmon my max PPD is roughly 3.6k.

Last edited:

Kilauea

I've been turning my client off during the daytime recently... s'all in good fun! :D

I know I saw... u actually were a little ahead of some time this weekend. But to be honnest I am holding back a little(that's actually somewhat true), I am not running at full speed (but pretty close to it).

and btw you don't have a clue of why my daily production of points exceeds my PPD by a huge margin ?

Latest posts