What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Kanto Yaro 2 Amplifier & Speakers Review Comment Thread

Vittra

Early Nov 2014 my Kanto YU5 were purchased for $224 from Direct Canada, and I'm pretty sure they were selling for somewhere between $350 - 400 on NCIX... this time frame was well before the drop in exchange rate. At that price for a pair of powered bookshelves and the features they offered, they were quite competitive. I didn't find their smaller/lower end models very appealing at all, and it doesn't seem much has changed in that regard.

Retailing pricing seems quite high, but the discounts on their stuff are quite large, which one could argue puts them at the price point they should originally be at... still, my interactions with their support team have been very positive and the speakers have largely treated me well.

sa seba

Would be nice to compare them to the Audioengine A5+ speakers. It's a similar price range I believe.

Vittra

In terms of active/powered speakers, the Yumi & YU5 are the competitors for the A5+.

The YU2 would be the competitor to the A2.

This seems more like a setup to target computer/pc speakers, which is probably why the price feels wrong. Axiom Audio had a similar product to this in the Audiobytes, and despite being reviewed well they are no longer being sold, likely because they did not sell well.