What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Kentsfield overclocking on nVidia reference 680i motherboard

M

Misoprostol

Actually I saw that, and it's making me much more hopeful about my board :)

tomb18

HiPro over on xtremesystems has got his abit in9 aw32 up to 400 MHz with a retail qx6700.
The board is heavily modded. You need a gtl reference voltage mod which the 965's support but not the 680's.
I'm sure evga's solution will be a new board revision. But, they will offer free replacements for those that have an old one. (my prediction)

Babrbarossa

That's going to hurt 'em- I imagine they're trying everything they can to avoid that, although, I guess the'll just refurbish and resell the boards sent in.

Babrbarossa

I know this is pretty much common knowledge by now, butevga is doing a board-swap for people with quad cores-I entered mine for an rma, so that I am able to upgrade to a quad in the future- not sure if they'll let me since I registered as having an e6400, but I would think that they'd have to offer it to everyone despite what they say. Unfortuneatly they are only cross shipping to the US, Canada and Europe must do a standard rma, but I have a feeling that this might not be written in stone- the quad overclocking results on ths RB board are quite favorable so far.

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28369&whichpage=1

M

Misoprostol

Interesting. Honestly I still wouldn't expect this board to be all that great. My experience with it was lacklustre...

Babrbarossa

People in that thread seem to be doing ok, but I guess it will take more time to see how it stands up to the 965's quad core performance-- The hardware fix also apparently cures the ps2 issue.

M

Misoprostol

Yeah I had heard that as well. I actually still have my store credit, so it's not like I couldn't re-buy the board once the new revision hits....

Babrbarossa

It looks like evga is now offering free cross shipping to european/uk and (I assume) canadian customers for the trade-in.

Babrbarossa

I just initiated my RMa for the new 680i revision (t1) - So I'll have a replacement for my perfectly good board just in time to install my watercooling on it :punk: . I figured I'd swap because the new board clears up ps2 issues, and allegedly fixes the memory issues which I'm not experiencing now, but I worry I might if I upgrade. (and I hope to have a quad-core someday)

I hope there are no performance trade-offs for this fix.....

Deathspawner

What's the max FSB that's been hit on the "good" boards? I haven't been able to go beyond 1410FSB on mine (though I didn't try -that- hard), so I am wondering if I have a problematic board as well.

Latest posts

Twitter