What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Kentsfield overclocking on nVidia reference 680i motherboard

Babrbarossa

Yeah! How are you finding the revision? I just got mine yesterday, and I'm working on a performance comparison between it and my AR

M

Misoprostol

I take back what I said about the new revision not overclocking well. I'm sitting stable at 3.6GHz (16 hours of quintuple prime) with all 4 DIMM slots populated (4GB) running DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 @2.1V

Q6600 9x400
4x1GB of random sticks
8800 GTS
X-fi XtremeMusic
600W GameXStream
2x 320GB Seagates

Custom Water Cooling Setup.

Load temps are 82/82/78/78 with the D-tek FuZion. Not sure what voltage it's running at. My overclocking procedure was to crank it up to 9x400 because I'm pretty sure my chip is good for that, then adjust the voltage until it ran stable, haha.

A couple really irritating things about this revision:
- No soft reboots when overclocking past about 1333FSB. I have to hard reset it.
- Squealing from VRMs when overvolting CPU. It's quite annoying.

Babrbarossa

Is that squealing sound really loud?- I'm glad I know about it now, because if I had heard it without knowing what it was, I would have thought my board was about to explode.

M

Misoprostol

I am running 2x1GB of Corsair DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 and 2x1GB of Micron D9s. I'm running the whole lot of them synchronized at 1:1. So that's 1600MHz FSB and 800MHz memory clock. (2T)

The noise is quite loud, but only under load.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter