What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Keyboard keeps shocking me...

bigFOIG

Okay this is a weird one.

The other day I was wearing shorts the other day that was getting my shocked with everything I touched. The metal part of my K90 keyboard, the scroll wheel of my mouse, and some other odd metal stuff. I changed my shorts and I wasn't getting shocked as much anymore. Couple days later, every time I touch the metal part of my keyboard, there is a 100% rate of me getting shocked... How do I fix this... LOL.

enaberif

Okay this is a weird one.

The other day I was wearing shorts the other day that was getting my shocked with everything I touched. The metal part of my K90 keyboard, the scroll wheel of my mouse, and some other odd metal stuff. I changed my shorts and I wasn't getting shocked as much anymore. Couple days later, every time I touch the metal part of my keyboard, there is a 100% rate of me getting shocked... How do I fix this... LOL.

Humidifier.jpg

ZZLEE

rubber soled shoes and cotton clothing.

Wait fore Bios OD when you touch.

Make sure to ground yourself to a screw on switch plate or plug. Hope you don't have painted thumb screws. touching the thumb screws will ground you also if not painted.

ground yourself before touching RAM fore sure.

bigFOIG

I don't know... I've never had a problem with this before. I don't think it's me or the room anymore. It's only the keyboard :\

bliz

I know that problem,also happened to my sister,eat less acid food,les cola,etc... and it will be better.

Me,i'm more shocked about how ugly my keyboard is.

sswilson

Staff member
Sounds like you might have a short either on the keyboard or possibly on the usb header you're using. Double check the fit of the motherboard connector panel to ensure that the USB blocks are grounded to the case, and then double check the USB ports on the case itself to ensure that nothing funky is going on with them either. Lastly, do you have any USB devices other than your mouse / keyboard plugged in? If so, try unplugging each USB devices on it's own to see if that makes the issue go away.

Latest posts