What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

keyboard not working in bios!

Rusty Nutz

This is my first build, and post here as well, so please be understanding of my limited personal database.

My new PC:

Gigabyte GA P35-DS3R Rev. 2.1
Intel E5200
Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro
4X1GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 PC6400 800Mhz
Asus EAH3450/DI/256mb
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB
OCZ StealthXStream 600w
Antec Three Hundred
Microsoft 4000 USB keyboard

My problem:

The keyboard doesn't work at all when the bios is running. The bios gets to the messages: 'Boot from CD/DVD:' and 'DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER' So I put the system disk in, but can't press 'enter' as I have no keyboard function, and then recieve the message: 'Press any key to startup from XPressRecovery2'...... repeatedly, but can't do a thing without functioning keys!

Any advice would be most appreciated at this point! :thumb:

P.S. The mobo was purchased pre-owned, if that makes a difference (which I think that it may)

sswilson

Staff member
Can you get your hands on a keyboard with a PS2 style connector, or a USB adapter to connect to your current keyboard? Some bios' have problems detecting a USB keyboard.

Babrbarossa

Have you tried all of the available USB inputs? and tried unplugging the machine for 20 seconds before rebooting

Whenever mine crashes when I'm overclocking or something, my keyboard won't work until I turn off the switch on the PSU for a few seconds

arekieh

Same thing happened to me. Make sure Legacy Keyboard is enabled. Or if your keyboard is higher quality, and you can update firmware, make sure you update. Thats what fixed my tarantula

Supergrover

I gotten this error a few times now, different usb ports doesnt work for me or a ps/2 adapter, I end up having to use a actual ps/2 keyboard always after a cmos reset.

Then I use it to enable legecy and usb keyboard support.

Where are you from Rusty if you dont have a ps/2 keyboard chances are a local member might and agree to pop over and help you boot it up.

Latest posts

Twitter