What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Keyboard Performance

danmitch1

Ive noticed while using my tablet (zenpad s8) to write a post specifically on these forums that after about a sentence worth of writing that the responsiveness of the keyboard input starts to really slow down. Literally I tab a key and you can count 2 seconds before the letter appears.

Ive tried factory restoring, Ive tried different keyboard apps but its still slow.

One thing I didnt try is another browser, Currently using the chrome app.
Ill try later an post back.

JD

Staff member
Our forums are on a very old platform which doesn't run well on mobile. I doubt it's anything to do with your device/keyboard, using a different browser may help but I'm not sure by how much. Firefox Focus might be worth trying though since it's stripped down.

danmitch1

Im testing firefox now as i didnt like the lack of tabs on the focus version. So far its much more responsive. Actually a huge improvement. I guess chrome isnt optimised for older websites. Anyway that was an easyfix for anyone experiencing the same problem.

Latest posts