What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Keyboard types "w " when i press "w"

matthew2180

I have had this issue for a week now.... Really annoying. Also sometimes when i press space the keyboard auto puts in "w "

I have never seen this type of thing before anyone know what i should do?

On-Screen Keyboard doesn't do this. Just when i type with my keyboard. Sidewinder x6

Thanks.
w w w w w w w w w w

maverick_brent

I have had this issue for a week now.... Really annoying. Also sometimes when i press space the keyboard auto puts in "w "

I have never seen this type of thing before anyone know what i should do?

On-Screen Keyboard doesn't do this. Just when i type with my keyboard. Sidewinder x6

Thanks.
w w w w w w w w w w

keyboard types w when you press w??????? thats whats supposed to happen!

Adzsask

Keyboard types "w " when i press "w"
Good job! so does mine LOL.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Adding a space afterwards....

Is it a font issue? Type the w and hit backspace...does the space erase, or the w?

ilya

If the on screen keyboard doesn't do it, it's a short in the keyboard.

Either RMA it or give it a good cleaning. Either take it apart for cleaning or throw it in the dishwasher and let it dry out for a while. (the latter isn't recommended if you value your keyboard)

matthew2180

there is a w and a space. If i backspace it just only erases the space. I do not play FPS and/or heavily use a single key like w. It also sometimes happens when i hit space as well, it is actually doing that right now as i was typing this.Short would make sence, ive had the keyboard for a year, so i doubt it is still under warranty.Don't know how i would take it apart though i have a Sidewinder x6

Masteroderus

alternate solution:

I see your keyboard is a programable macro keyboard. You may have macrod "w space" to your w key. On the fly macro keyboards can sometimes do this via user error (i know from experience with my blackwidow)

Keywork

alternate solution:

I see your keyboard is a programable macro keyboard. You may have macrod "w space" to your w key. On the fly macro keyboards can sometimes do this via user error (i know from experience with my blackwidow)
Great idea! You may have fudged something up by accident.

Twitter