What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

keyboard with magnetic levitation switches being designed

Izerous

Folding Team
The idea of typing simply on air seems bad since it would be sqishy like a membrane keyboard. However maglev would actually have a resistance value that would be tunable. It would likely need to be linear but the concept is intriguing.

Mr. Friendly

The idea of typing simply on air seems bad since it would be sqishy like a membrane keyboard. However maglev would actually have a resistance value that would be tunable. It would likely need to be linear but the concept is intriguing.
typing on air doesn't mean it has to be mushy. since it's levitation, you could dial up or down the sensitivity for a hard / fast cut-off, or perhaps, even adjust what the travel distance could be.

as you said, it is intriguing!

Izerous

Folding Team
typing on air doesn't mean it has to be mushy. since it's levitation, you could dial up or down the sensitivity for a hard / fast cut-off, or perhaps, even adjust what the travel distance could be.

as you said, it is intriguing!
my squishy/membrane comment was more about if you take away the magnets and tried to make a purely pneumatic keyboard.

Mr. Friendly

my squishy/membrane comment was more about if you take away the magnets and tried to make a purely pneumatic keyboard.
HaaaH! pneumatic keyboard...that made me immediately thing of something steampunk that had an over pressure valve that would open after so many keys had been pressed and there was a build up to be released, LoooL!!! :D

tick tick tick ticktickticktick FOOOOWOOOSHeeeeerock tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick FOOOOWOOOSHeeerock... :ROFLMAO:

ipaine

HaaaH! pneumatic keyboard...that made me immediately thing of something steampunk that had an over pressure valve that would open after so many keys had been pressed and there was a build up to be released, LoooL!!! :D

tick tick tick ticktickticktick FOOOOWOOOSHeeeeerock tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick FOOOOWOOOSHeeerock... :ROFLMAO:
Is it bad that I so what a keyboard like that?

Latest posts

Twitter