What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Kill Switch on Samsung TVs

Soultribunal

Staff member
My Samsung tv isn't connected to the internet anyway. Not that its stolen or anything, I just hate their frigging ads. I use an Apple TV now instead.

Wait a second...I recognize that Tv! (hehehe)

All kidding aside and on another note, I actually invest is some very complex mechanical locks for my house (not these 'smart' locks) because the skill at bypassing them...is long gone.

Ironically a lot of cars got taken where I current live, and mine was opened but left alone...why? Its manual. You literally see the guy on my CCTV say '*&#' and run off to the next car.

My little sidebar at least.

-ST

JD

Staff member
complex mechanical locks for my house (not these 'smart' locks) because the skill at bypassing them...is long gone.
But really, they can kick the door in or smash a window if they really wanted to get in. Did you see that one yesterday in Pickering? The lady just kept smashing her car into somebody's garage until the house was on fire.

I think most new cars come with those key fobs now too, and I'm sure most leave them near their front door. Very easy to clone the signal and drive the car away without any tampering. Hopefully cars have a similar kill switch though, so you could call in and report it stolen to get it disabled or get the GPS location of it.

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....

All kidding aside and on another note, I actually invest is some very complex mechanical locks for my house (not these 'smart' locks) because the skill at bypassing them...is long gone.

Ironically a lot of cars got taken where I current live, and mine was opened but left alone...why? Its manual. You literally see the guy on my CCTV say '*&#' and run off to the next car.

-ST

You should see the reaction to three in the tree.(y)

Edit: whoops! We're way off topic here. sorry.

Last edited:

Dwayne

But really, they can kick the door in or smash a window if they really wanted to get in. Did you see that one yesterday in Pickering? The lady just kept smashing her car into somebody's garage until the house was on fire.

I think most new cars come with those key fobs now too, and I'm sure most leave them near their front door. Very easy to clone the signal and drive the car away without any tampering. Hopefully cars have a similar kill switch though, so you could call in and report it stolen to get it disabled or get the GPS location of it.

I bought a couple of faraday bags from Amazon. I put the fob in it and went right out to the car to make sure it worked, it did the trick. I put my keys into the bag when I get home, so does the wife. I trust no one, no matter where I live.

Soultribunal

Staff member

Of course they can. But the harder you make it, the better.
People whom really want to get into the house will find a way regardless. The 3 dogs at mine though, might make that a bit of a challange.

-ST

JD

Staff member
I bought a couple of faraday bags from Amazon.
Yeah I bought these as stocking stuffers a few years ago, but I'd imagine the majority of people don't even know it's an issue. With all the car shortages of late that I hear about... wouldn't be surprised if car theft is on the rise.

crazyea

-ST
I miss driving manual due to automatic not being as peppy or fun but I’m sure that would fade the second I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic with a restless leg.