What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Killing floor issue

ToXic

so when starting up killing floor my tv will start displaying INVALID FORMAT until i restart.
any ideas on how to fix this?

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
It is the resolution that killing floor is set to run at. Find out how to change it or start the game with defaults or erase the config files.

Lpfan4ever

Then why would it wok fine on the same tv on vista?
I've only had KF on Win7, but I noticed it will open in a windowed mode sometimes, in a very weird resolution, usually 4-8 pixels less than your resolution is. That might be it.

ImmaPC

Probably like you said before, Windows 7 compatibility issue. I've gotten lots of compatibility issues with Windows 7 in multiple games of mine. Sh*t happens. I would still go ahead with Squeetard's suggestion.

Just a kinda lame troubleshooting suggestion, but this has helped for me, so I'm just going to throw it out there. When you install Windows 7 all or the vast majority of the hardware you have in your rig worked, right? Windows 7 has these pre-included drivers that are IMHO meant for basic operation of Windows 7, i.e. dragging around windows, glass effects, light 3D applications, etc. It works with games and stuff, but not as good as the straight-up drivers from the vendors.

TL;DR: Download and make dang sure you do a right proper job of installing them so that it DOESNT use the Windows 7 drivers. This solved a few issues for me when I would get relatively frequent crashing in GTA San Andreas, GTA IV, and even CoD4.

martin_metal_88

I had multiple similar issue with steam game and Win 7. After week of troubleshooting I discover that Mass effect was opening in 120Hz wich isn't support by my screen. try to make sur all settings are ok and of course ImmaPC is right take a look at your driver. Win 7 international driver are correct but it's a new OS plenty of bug out there:).

Ask for more.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Then why would it wok fine on the same tv on vista?

Because Vista is set at a proper resolution that your TV can display. You can change display resolutions in games that differ from your desktop resolution.

ToXic

Probably like you said before, Windows 7 compatibility issue. I've gotten lots of compatibility issues with Windows 7 in multiple games of mine. Sh*t happens. I would still go ahead with Squeetard's suggestion.

Just a kinda lame troubleshooting suggestion, but this has helped for me, so I'm just going to throw it out there. When you install Windows 7 all or the vast majority of the hardware you have in your rig worked, right? Windows 7 has these pre-included drivers that are IMHO meant for basic operation of Windows 7, i.e. dragging around windows, glass effects, light 3D applications, etc. It works with games and stuff, but not as good as the straight-up drivers from the vendors.

TL;DR: Download and make dang sure you do a right proper job of installing them so that it DOESNT use the Windows 7 drivers. This solved a few issues for me when I would get relatively frequent crashing in GTA San Andreas, GTA IV, and even CoD4.

i dont use 7's drivers, second i started i went to auzentechs webiste, XFX force, and so on to get my drivers.

Latest posts