What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Kitchen tablet replacement

Izerous

Folding Team
Also the Kindle fire supprts external cards so get the lowest capacity one and shove an SD card in it that you probably already have laying around. Got both kids kindle fires after my oldest smashed an iPad and a more premium tablet. The numerous cases and covers for the kindles fires are surprisingly durable. One was dropped out of the top section of the shopping cart at least 4 times today and nothing wrong with it.

justmehereajax

As these fire tablets flood the market, they will be easy to replace their parts if they do fail right? I was wrong the 7 tablet is $70 now. Kinda cheap but $30 more than Christmas. STill would like to buy warranty if its like $10. LOL I forgot the prices for warranties extended

I am gonna check eBay for parts now. It would be nice than buying extended warranties at BB.

Lpfan4ever

Every lower priced tablet is a throwaway item on failure. Unless you've got an expensive tablet and it's just a glass replacement, 95% of the time you're not going to be able to fix it and get it back together nicely.

justmehereajax

Every lower priced tablet is a throwaway item on failure. Unless you've got an expensive tablet and it's just a glass replacement, 95% of the time you're not going to be able to fix it and get it back together nicely.

Yeah, when I was working at a mom and pop computer store a customer brought in a Samsung S2 I think and wanted the battery replaced. It would of costs like 200$: 80 for battery plus 80 for labour plus shipping and our cost like $40 on top. We outsourced the fixing of tablets to a guy in Scarborough.

The store manager was nice enough to recommend them to go buy a new one. S2 tablet costed a pretty penny when new. Or was it a S1. I don’t remember I am pretty sure it was like $550 when new or more. That is what the customer said.

I kinda still like to tinker with tablets and cell phones. I wouldn’t mind fixing said stuff. What would be cool is to find a huge older phone like 6 inches or more and use that as a kitchen tablet so the parts would be easy to source more.

As I get older I like to save more and more money now. Lol. These days I just spend enough to buy the necessities. A cup of coffee is all I get recently and that is at McDonald’s lol also Walmart has a deal on Cherries from the USA for 1.66 per pound so that is a killer deal. at like 3 pounds for far since they had that sale

Caldezar

Prime Days start on the 15th. Amazon always puts their own stuff on sale. (Kindles and Echos) So I'd wait until then and see what the pricing is.

Bond007

Prime Days start on the 15th. Amazon always puts their own stuff on sale. (Kindles and Echos) So I'd wait until then and see what the pricing is.

Good call. If you are going to go fire tablet I would wait for this as well.

justmehereajax

thanks very much. i need to save money. i need money for school monthly bus passes....or will save money to buy a mazda 3 for school maybe 2011 edition.

Latest posts