What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed "KKC Black Widow" w/benchmarks

kruzn4evr

So to coincide with the July 1st official start up of Kruzn's Kustom Computers (KKC) I'm putting a new rig together. Granted it's not as KICK A$$ as Liu Kang's but then again what is?? :shok::haha:

Parts List:

i7 920 D0 (for now :ph34r:) w/EK Supreme HF Acetal WB
EVGA 4-Way Classified Mobo w/EK-FC WB
EVGA GTX 480 w/EK-FC Nickel WB and Black Backplate x4
Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2000 8-8-8-24 3x2GB Ram
Silverstone Strider ST1500 PSU
OCZ Vertex 2 100GB Sandforce SSD
LG Bluray write/read DVD
Feser X-One 480 & 360 rads
EK Dual D5 2 loop Acetal w/2x MCP655 pumps
Bitspower 5 1/4" single bay res. x2
Bitspower Matte Black 1/2"ID/3/4"OD barbs/Comp./45 & 90 degree fittings
Koolance Quick Disconnects x4
Coolermaster HAF X

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but the important stuff is there :haha:

I figured a couple pics is worth a thousand words :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 1,436
  • IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,445
Last edited:

miggs78

Kruzn.. Congrats and good luck on KCC, its good to know .. :)

On the build, well you still have a load of items there maan.. EK has made those new packaging really easy to notice out..

Sub'ed to see more...

G

Congrats on the official opening of KKC and good luck in the coming year/s Man.

What is it all going into?

Subscribed.

fishingfanatic

Case Mods ,Worklog Gallery

Looks like it's gonna b a beaute. Keep posting those pics and good luck with the build!!!
:thumb:

Lpfan4ever

I wondered for a second why you wouldn't go along with the K theme and do "Kruzn's Kustom Komputers". Then I realized how bad KKK would look as a short form.:doh:

But this build looks beastly. I'm seeing four GTX480's, right?

chrisk

Folding Captain
I wondered for a second why you wouldn't go along with the K theme and do "Kruzn's Kustom Komputers". Then I realized how bad KKK would look as a short form.:doh:

But this build looks beastly. I'm seeing four GTX480's, right?

You beat me to this lol.

Looks good Kruzn I may be sending some business your way.

Liu Kang

I appreciate the back handed compliment buddy ;) But seriously, you've built some HUGE rigs in the past, and this will be another epic masterpiece.

BTW, are you running the EK chipset block? I heard video cards have clearance issues on both the first AND second version (the one with the slots) of the block...

Dude, that would've been epic... screw political correctness, I vote you change to the 3 Ks!!! :haha:

Last edited:

kruzn4evr

miggs, fishingfanatic and all: Thanks guys :thumb:

lpfan: Somehow I just couldn't go with the KKK thing, just wouldn't feel right, you do indeed see 4x GTX 480's :ph34r:

Supergrover: Well, most of it will be going in the new HAF X which should be here Monday (I hope). I really wanted to go with the MM like Liu but the budget just wouldn't allow it and the HAF X was just coming out so I decided to go with it. Of course the only thing is the quad rad will have to be mounted on the outside via the Koolance Quick Release Mounting Bracket. I'll be using their quick disconnects so the rad can be popped off easily.

chris: Any business you can send my way would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

Liu Kang: Thanks Liu but what you got goin' on is just FULL BLOWN EPIC! :haha: It is the EK, I heard about the issues and was concerned when I ordered it a few mths back, oddly enough though, the GTX 295 with a waterblock did lock into place with no problems. I've plugged in the stock 480 and it does appear to hit slightly, I'll have to see how they fit with the blocks on them before I decide whether to RMA it back to EK.

miggs78

Supergrover: Well, most of it will be going in the new HAF X which should be here Monday (I hope). I really wanted to go with the MM like Liu but the budget just wouldn't allow it and the HAF X was just coming out so I decided to go with it. Of course the only thing is the quad rad will have to be mounted on the outside via the Koolance Quick Release Mounting Bracket. I'll be using their quick disconnects so the rad can be popped off easily.

One request Kruzn.. take some very good pics of that, I'd like to see how it looks, how functional are these Koolance ones, and the quick disconnects off course.

You really is da king, that's why I had called you King Kruzn.. :D :thumb: