What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Kraken x72 or Corsair H150i

danmitch1

Ive been reading around and they seem similar aside from the x72 having a subjectively better aesthetic (which I agree on).
I read also that the x72 is slightly better performance wise but if you change the fans for better ones on the H150i its becomes the better one but then again, if you change out the fans on the x72 for better ones will it become even better?

I do care about aesthetics but my main priority is maximum cooling, im not worried about noise either. My these both are within my budget too.

I come here to ask your opinions as I trust you guys more! Anyone have any hands on experience with one or both of these mothers?

sswilson

Staff member
No experience at all with either product... but consider this...

Assuming the performance differences are negligible, and pricing ends up being similar.... would you like to be able to utter the phrase (under your breath of course) "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!" every time you power up your rig??? :)

Mr. Friendly

No experience at all with either product... but consider this...

Assuming the performance differences are negligible, and pricing ends up being similar.... would you like to be able to utter the phrase (under your breath of course) "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!!" every time you power up your rig??? :)
best internet post of the day!

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I'm tempted by the Deepcool Castle 360, significantly less than the Corsair or Kraken on Amazon. It's also an Asetek based cooler like the other two, so performance is very similar. The fans are also RGB, so if you want bling it may be an option for you.

danmitch1

Its also 100$ cheaper on Amazon. But! I like to pull fresh air in and those fans are always bling'y on the push side so it would be a waste of bling lol.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Its also 100$ cheaper on Amazon. But! I like to pull fresh air in and those fans are always bling'y on the push side so it would be a waste of bling lol.
I will be completely honest. I see no reason to have the AIO draw air in from the outside of the case. Unless you have something dumping serious heat into the case, the Temp differences between the interior heat vs the exterior air temp should be negligible at best. So if you want, grab the Deepcool unit. I've heard some really good things about them as of late.

-ST

danmitch1

Yup, i have my gpu radiator on the bottom also pulling fresh air in blowing lots a heat inside. Its the only place it will fit and i cant see reversing that to blow out the bottom. Right next to it, i have 2 intakes.

Whoa! That Deepcool Castle 360 is double the price on newegg
Hmm, im changing out the fans anyway and could sell the rgb ones..

Last edited:

danmitch1

Update, ended up pulling the trigger on the h150i.. I couldnt pass up the deal for 174$ compared to the 245-260$ plus tax for the x72.
I do appreciate corsairs return policy and warranty, has not let me down once.
Also, the h150i has the newer gen 6 asetek pump

No "kraken unleashing" :(

Soultribunal

Staff member
gpu radiator
on the bottom also pulling fresh air in blowing lots a heat inside. Its the only place it will fit and i cant see reversing that to blow out the bottom.
Right next to it, i have 2 intakes.
Whoa! That Deepcool Castle 360 is double the price on
newegg
Hmm, im changing out the fans anyway and could sell the rgb ones..

It's situationally dependent I suppose to what case you have and how the rest of your setup is. I've never been a fan of dumping more heat into a case that then needs to be dispensed with. Run it positive pressure and use the case air exhausted through. I'd rather my CPU run a few degrees hotter than all my components and Caps running many degrees hotter (Dependant on the CPU you use and the heat dispersed).

Good to hear you got the Corsair one , I have always loved their stuff and they do really stand by their warranty.

-ST

Latest posts

Twitter