What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

LAN Party Eh is back!

serenity

haha it looks to me like its more of "If your a BC Lanner looking for events" not really the rest of Canada :bleh:
Well not really...
There is space for other provinces to add their events.
It's only 'cause the site was started by BC people.
Once the site gets rolling and more people start posting their LANs, there will be other provinces...
And yeah as Gnat said, the first non-BC LAN got posted yesterday...
After all, it IS called LAN party EH. And unless BC is the only province in Canada that says "EH" then that means it's intended for all provinces! :canadianwave:

Think of it as a Canadian/newer version of "lanparty.com"

andynerd

Its quite annoying.. there was smackdown back in 2000 in London that was phenomenal.. stay in a hotel all weekend, come down for gaming, there were some tournaments but a lot of it was just get together and play (and I prefer the relaxed play whatever you want, then competitive tournaments) but then the organizer got divorced, had some crap, and nobody ever took up the reins :( such a shame.. one of the best weekends I had. Still have the MPEG video of when VR News covered it.

don't worry when i get rich i am going to organize a world wide video game tournament :p man i wish i could! lol 100 000 people new world record WAHAHA!

DaleF

Wait, there's Canada outside of BC and Alberta? Well, nothing that really matters I'll guess.
:p

fratchwaggon

ahaha, We just launched the site and we are all vancouver/lowermainlanders, so all the info on there so far is for this area. I will start to scour the other lanparty sites to find lans in Canada and start partnerships with them. But it looks like one of the local distributes for bawls is interested in joining the site allowing easy access to bawls for anyone in BC/AB and i will get in touch with the distributors in Ontario as well for the eastern side of things. The group here in bc is actually two guy that are willing to come out to lager events (150~200+) and run a bawl bar for the event, taking a good chunk of work off then lan organizers plate. there are also a few sections that need to be added to the site. Please feel free to give us suggestions, ideas and criticism as it will help us to grow the site. (my inability to spell dose not count as a valid issue)
fratch
caplancrew

DaleF

I know there's more to Canada, I was just posting about how some people seem to think there's nothing to Canada past Thunder Bay. Maybe Kenora on a good day.
Anyways, just need to get more other LANs to sign up.

Chilly

Theres a group in ontario that does do smallish 1 night lanparties (50-100 people), but other than them I can't think of any big ones un-fortunitly

That being said, they haven't done anything major since there 2006 one (just small between friends "Mini-Lans" from what they call it :-( ), I'll bug the group to see if they have any major ones planned or in the works

gnat

Theres a group in ontario that does do smallish 1 night lanparties (50-100 people), but other than them I can't think of any big ones un-fortunitly
Feel free to list them on the site! I'm sure there's plenty of lanners from Ontario who would like to join up with you guys! (if you're interested of course)

That being said, they haven't done anything major since there 2006 one (just small between friends "Mini-Lans" from what they call it :-( ), I'll bug the group to see if they have any major ones planned or in the works
Hehe. There's no shame in Mini-LANs :thumb: Some of the most hilarious and memorable parties i've ever been to have been basement lans! ROCK ON!

Latest posts