What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

laptop drivers

cmac79

friend of mine had a laptop he wanted windows 7 on. i put win7 on it but i can't find any drivers for this thing anywhere for xp vista or win7..its a seanote z7100. i need network and sound drivers. any clue where drivers for this dinosaur of a laptop are lol

enaberif

friend of mine had a laptop he wanted windows 7 on. i put win7 on it but i can't find any drivers for this thing anywhere for xp vista or win7..its a seanote z7100. i need network and sound drivers. any clue where drivers for this dinosaur of a laptop are lol

What was the original OS on it? Some laptops only came with the ability to use 1 OS.

cmac79

Yea that was my next step..it had xp so im gonna put xp back on it. But i can't find xp drivers for it anywhere either

Shadowmeph

is that an Asus? you could try to install manually Intel Wireless driver, the Realtek audio driver, and the Asus hotkey driver.
it probably would be at the Asus site and fairly hard to navigate but if there are drivers for it they should be there.

KaptCrunch

Yea that was my next step..it had xp so im gonna put xp back on it. But i can't find xp drivers for it anywhere either

best open laptop and check chips to get correct drivers for hardware

note XP is dead no support from MS

cmac79

i put it back to xp and it installed a network driver this time but i can't find video or audio drivers for this thing anywhere,i have been searching all day

cmac79

after a mad search on the asus site and a little trial and error i finally found em..thanks shadow for directing me to asus