What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Laptop for Engineering Student

satineeraj

Hi, I am entering college, as an engineering student and need to invest in a solid laptop to last me all 4 years I am confused to buy the laptop. I have a search on google also and found many of the Models. I am very confused, can anyone help me this. my budget is 1500-2000 USD

moocow

Are you expected to run calculations and simulations on the laptop or you have access to computer labs for those?

Izerous

Folding Team
Determining the kind of software you will be using will help a lot. Some stuff is very CPU bound and you may be able to get away with something that doesn't even have a discrete video card and is just a CPU monster. Other software is very much GPU bound and you will need that discrete video card.

Do you want something small/light/portable like 13-15in... or do you want something like a 17 that is a bit heavier but a larger display.

Are you going to be in a classs room with plug-ins at every desk that you can plug it in or do you need a long battery lfie.

Need to be as descriptive as possible to help narrow down what is and isn't a good match.

However with your budget an easy snap decision/suggestion would be something like the ROG Zephyrus with the 4900HS/4800HS

I'd try to get it without the light up lid though as I see that as an expensive flashy option that is just wasting budget.

^ Prices in CAD work out well below 2k USD after conversion.

Latest posts

Twitter