What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Laptop Recommendations

Soultribunal

Staff member
Must be nice getting big discounts, I would have looked at Dell closer but we only get a 2% discount
Yeah it helps or I wouldn't have gotten it. I only wish it could have been razer. Love their designs. That MSI one you picked I think is amazing looking. Let me know how it is and if it's max q or not once you get it.

-ST

Cypher^64

I haven't had a chance to play any games yet, but the screen on this thing is awesome. Nice and bright and very crisp.

Pulled the 1TB platter and added a Adata 512GB Nvme for running games off of. Wasn't sure of the quality of nvme that MSI used, so figured 140$ it was worth it.

Only downside so far is they used 1 16GB sodimm, so guess I'll keep an eye out for a good sale on a second stick.

Soultribunal

Staff member
It's the non max-q version 2070.

What would be the best 2x8 ddr4 kit youd recommend for this?
That is awesome Cypher, I am really happy for you and especially so since now we know you got a full fat (as much as they can make it at least) 2070 (which is equivalent I believe to the 1080 in mobile terms).

I haven't had a chance to play any games yet, but the screen on this thing is awesome. Nice and bright and very crisp.

Pulled the 1TB platter and added a Adata 512GB Nvme for running games off of. Wasn't sure of the quality of nvme that MSI used, so figured 140$ it was worth it.

Only downside so far is they used 1 16GB sodimm, so guess I'll keep an eye out for a good sale on a second stick.
I honestly think the first thing I do with any laptop is pull the Mechanical HDD out and go full SSD. There is literally no reason not to anymore. ADATA is good, we use them exclusively at my office here in all our Laptops (for techs/sales) and Desktops. I have yet to kill one (probably 70-100 deployed now).
It's hit or miss with any of the Laptop MFG's. My first AW 17 had a Samsung in it, but the second one had Toshiba instead. It all depends on their QVL list and what was available at the time. Generally speaking, they are not top tier models, so I load all my games on drives I buy.

My 51M has a pair of AData (1 x NVME, 1 x 2.5 Sata) waiting for it when it comes it.

-ST

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter