What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Laptop screen turns off - Gateway MA3

nork

I have a Gateway brand laptop, says model MA3 and also says model MX6425. Its a single core 1.8 ghz turion cpu, ATI Radeon Xpress 200M video and a gb of ram.

I was given this unit and now i know why, hope you can help me out.
The laptop boots to the bios and i can access the bios and make changes to the bios. I also see the gateway screen that first pops up, says gateway and tells me to press f2 to access bios and f10 for boot menu. They both work.
But after that the screen goes blank. You can see the backlight appears to be working but thats all.
Hooking up an external monitor does nothing, cant even see the gateway bios screen on the external, only on the laptop, but after that both screens are dead. I tried putting a win 7 install dvd in and maybe that might help me out, but nothing shows on the screen.
Does the fact that the bios screen shows up mean the screen is ok? If so then what is the problem and can i fix it?
thank very much for reading this.

Last edited:

nork

Bit more research tells me its a single core 1.8 ghz turion cpu, and
ATI Radeon Xpress 200M video. I will fix my post.
I will try safe mode
There is no os on it, i was trying to install win 7 ult.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter