What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Laptop to dual link DVI monitor?

bigFOIG

I have a laptop that has a G210m video card and has HDMI out. I also have a 2560x1440 monitor which only has dual-link DVI. I've done some research but I just can't get a definite answer. I believe my HDMI port is version 1.3 which supposedly works with 2560x1440.

Will a simple HDMI to dual link DVI cable work? Or do I need an active cable of some sort? Or will it not work at all?

I know that performance on a resolution that high with this GPU isn't going to be the best, but I won't be gaming or anything like that on it. The power should be sufficient to surf the web.

moocow

As far as I know, you don't need any kind of converter to do DVI to HDMI so I assume it works the other way as well. My HTPC uses a DVI to hook up to a Samsung TV using one of those DVI-HDMI cable. The cable itself doesn't say anything direction / connection restriction. The cable isn't expensive so it doesn't hurt to try.

bigFOIG

Well I know that DVI and hdmi work together easily. But in my case, my monitor is dual link dvi and the resolution is higher than HD.

Latest posts