What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

laptopsbuyer.ca SCAM!!!! BE AWARE of them!!!

M

member 3099

I thought for sure I read something about these guys on this forum before... which is why I was kind-of surprised to see this "scam" thread..

Mark

Like I mentioned...questioning the condition (honest) of the laptop is important so I did not sense a 'Scam' either. Thanks for the clarification.:biggrin:

ADay2Long

Yeah site looks really good, quoted my laptop a bit low :sad: but good to know it's an option!

More importantly, I want to know who the chick holding the laptop is?! :haha:

Takkyu

Good on the vendor to come on here and put their side of the story in. Allows us to weigh both sides and make a decision for ourselves.

sswilson

Staff member
I thought for sure I read something about these guys on this forum before... which is why I was kind-of surprised to see this "scam" thread..

Yeah, there was a thread when the website first went live. IIRC, at that time the OP was happy with the sevice he got, and the price he was offered for the laptop.

I'm also pleased to see the website owner come in here to offer his/her side of the story. In too many cases we only see one side of the issue.

Digikid

Banned
Hmm....$255.00 for a HP TX1224CA Touchscreen Laptop in like new condition??? No thanks.....it is worth MORE than that.

Good service though I guess....

laptopsbuyer

Hmm....$255.00 for a HP TX1224CA Touchscreen Laptop in like new condition??? No thanks.....it is worth MORE than that.

Good service though I guess....

I do agree that it's a bit low, it is a great unit, but consider the fact that they go for $300-$400 in refurbished condition retail.

Do you have one of these? If you do I'd suggest taking it apart and putting putting a thin piece of copper between video chip and heatsink. This way it will last longer. It is a very common problem with most of the consumer HP laptops. Bad design basically. Business series laptops are fine.

gingerbee

yes i just have to give respect where it's due thanks for speaking up laptopbuyers and i understand that you can't please people all the time. hell i had a client try to steal a ssd off me the other day right from my house.

encorp

It's nice that you made an account; maybe put some alternate contact info there so people know where to find you :)

Jackquelegs

I do agree that it's a bit low, it is a great unit, but consider the fact that they go for $300-$400 in refurbished condition retail.

Do you have one of these? If you do I'd suggest taking it apart and putting putting a thin piece of copper between video chip and heatsink. This way it will last longer. It is a very common problem with most of the consumer HP laptops. Bad design basically. Business series laptops are fine.

It's rare to see people taking this extra step to help. Kudos :thumb:

Latest posts