What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Large radiators ;

BrainEater

I'm doing some google-fu on my own , but I thought I'd leave this here too....see what comes up.

--------

Here's the deal ;
As some of you know , I help run Wild Rose Brewery. In our main production facility , I run a large glycol/phase system to cool our beer......(large = 5 million btu/hr) . This system was spec'd based on future expansion , but right now we are having an issue with the phase plant not wanting to run properly at low percentages ( 8-12% ) ...

Now , the solution is simple : add more heat load.I just happen to have a large production facility that's always hot.I'm just going to make a large Air-Conditioning type thing....more heat for the phase plant , cool air for us workers....win-win !!

I need a big radiator though ! I'm thinking maybe a square one , 5 or 6 feet on a side....
My glycol lines are 1 1/4" @ 10-15 psi. I could run multiple 1 1/4 lines if need be.

-----

Thoughts ?

:thumb:

KaptCrunch

what's evap temp and condenser @ 8-12% have to change out the gas for that operation

1/2 ton load or add more evap's to loop an run full load

Last edited:

BrainEater

We don't want to mess with the phase side.

----

We're on the same page sswilson...there is a truck supply just down the block from me , gonna go over today.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Mining trucks are too big. Look for ones that fit a large diesel generator. These are also designed to be stationary.

BrainEater

The I/O size seems to be the issue with 'vehicle' radiators......most are 2+ " , big ones moreso.

------

And 28 grand $$ is out too , for that I could do what Kapt Crunch says , and install a proper evaporator. Anything above 10,000$ and I'll push the install of another whole cooler.....

I'm looking at buying some 'fin-on-tube' bulk radiator , and just fabricating the rest ... , but I've got some more research to do.

KaptCrunch

cheaper is overhead rad's

I51NKXMka3297_P290721_500X500.jpg

246445_2wco.gif

Modine Heater Hot Water - 45,600 BTU/Steam 63K BTU $650.00

need to add a drip tray and tube to drain for condensation

Last edited:

BrainEater

That's exactly what I want , just bigger....I want one with a 3 foot fan !

I'm actually talking to my refrigeration guy about just putting HX's into our make-up-air units.....

we'll see what happens.

BrainEater

Alright , I've chatted with a couple guys that are older and wiser than I.

KaptCrunch , you win the prize.You are spot on.We need more evaporators. :thumb:

Adding heatload to the glycol system won't help.The heatload needs to be on the phase side.

I'm looking at getting our giant 'walkin cooler' evaporators piped to the main phase plant....it's on a standalone unit now.My refrigeration guy says this should do it.

stupid boyles law !

:haha:

Latest posts