What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

laser printer print troubles!

LarkStarr

MB HP M475DW Printer Issue - Imgur

as in the album above.

I have little idea about laser printer troubleshooting. I wouldn't even know where to start with somethin' like this! I'm assuming it's not a simple issue, but if anyone has any advice / direction, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Most of the toner cartridges are new, except the yellow. I printed a sheet of all yellow as well, with similar results to the all black page.

thanks in advance!

-Lark-

Lpfan4ever

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the toner and drums are one assembly per colour. If you've replaced those and the issue persists all I can think of is the fuser being the issue.

LarkStarr

oh yeah, sorry should have specified, the toner and drum is one unit.

I was thinking Fuser / belt as well. someone mentioned power supply but I don't think soooo.

I'm taking it in for service sometime this week, I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

enaberif

MB HP M475DW Printer Issue - Imgur

as in the album above.

I have little idea about laser printer troubleshooting. I wouldn't even know where to start with somethin' like this! I'm assuming it's not a simple issue, but if anyone has any advice / direction, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Most of the toner cartridges are new, except the yellow. I printed a sheet of all yellow as well, with similar results to the all black page.

thanks in advance!

-Lark-

Being that the imaging units are contained within the toner cartridges it would be a bad imaging unit causing that usually. Next possible scenario is power supply.

Helios79

If it were the transfer belt, you would see stretch marks in the text and graphics. We call that 'banding'. Looks to me like the power supply is going out.

enaberif

oh yeah, sorry should have specified, the toner and drum is one unit.

I was thinking Fuser / belt as well. someone mentioned power supply but I don't think soooo.

I'm taking it in for service sometime this week, I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered.

Pop the fuser out and you can usually look at the area that fuses the toner. Rotate it and see if you notice any oddities to the fuser.

Latest posts