What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

launching game on main monitor problems

Shadowmeph

I have a 55" led tv which is connected to my PC via hdmi which I use to watch videos via kdi, this works great but when I game I want to use my main monitor which is a 27" LCD TV which is connected DVI cable the problem is when ever I launch a game it launches on the 55" and I cannot figure out how to change this , another issue is sound only work via the 55" led tv so I have to have that on to listen to anything how do I fix that.

Caldezar

How do you have your monitors configured for multi-monitor? (extend, duplicate, etc.) And you will have to ensure that your PC monitor is set as your primary in monitor setup. Are you using AMD or nVidia? The software suites handle this slightly differently.

As for sound, go in to your playback devices and ensure that your PC speakers are configured as the default. The default is likely configured to the HDMI output.

clshades

Yep... set the monitor as primary and the TV as secondary. Unless you have an auto detecting receiver you'll have to do the sound manually.

lowfat

Staff member
Set your default speakers to your computer speakers. Then in Kodi set the default audio device to your TV as well as the default display to HDMI. That way it always opens on that screen and always plays audio over HDMI. You'll never need to swap back and forth.

Shadowmeph

How do you have your monitors configured for multi-monitor? (extend, duplicate, etc.) And you will have to ensure that your PC monitor is set as your primary in monitor setup. Are you using AMD or nVidia? The software suites handle this slightly differently.

As for sound, go in to your playback devices and ensure that your PC speakers are configured as the default. The default is likely configured to the HDMI output.
I have it set up for extend it is an AMD 7770 card. for some reason It shows the main monitor as 2 but as the main desktop and I am not sure how to change that

"Set your default speakers to your computer speakers. Then in Kodi set the default audio device to your TV as well as the default display to HDMI. That way it always opens on that screen and always plays audio over HDMI. You'll never need to swap back and forth."
I tried that , I changed the sound options on the task bar to realtec and plug speakers into the board but no sound also it doesn't show anything anything else just the one realtec volume, if I change it back to full HD AMD setting it shows all of the other volume control like system sounds kodi my web browser

KaptCrunch

try in game graphics option see that in other games to select multi-moniter set-up or single

clshades

You can manually set which monitor is main and secondary so I'm having trouble understanding what the issue is.

Shadowmeph

grr none of the games I am playing has that option, this sucks the monitor is set as main but I cannot change it from 2 to one so what happens games load up on monitor 1 even though it isn't the main monitor I think it has to do with HDMI

clshades

Have you tried firing up the system with only the monitor? It should be monitor 1 at that point. Then with the computer still on plug in the HDMI cable for the TV and turn the tv on. Auto detect should do the rest. You can also try alt tabbing or alt enter so the game is in window mode and drag the game to the monitor on which you want to play then make it full screen again. It should default to the last monitor every time after.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter