What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

LCD monitor problem

yoyoguy

So recently my ASUS 24 inch monitor has had a few problems, and been slowly getting worse. A few weeks ago, random sections of the screen would go very dim, almost like an "inactive" mode, while other sections were still as bright as normal. It would not fix itself until I had just turned the monitor on and off again, and would work fine for maybe a few hours before doing the same thing.

Now last night and today, the entire screen will suddenly go black, and will not return until I turn it off and on, and now only works correctly for about an hour.

Really have zero idea on what this is, other than the monitor just dying.

Helios79

How long have you had the monitor? Does it use the three-pin power supply cord or an AC brick? From what you are describing, it looks like the panel is out its way out.

yoyoguy

Uses the three pin cable, I've had it for about a year, so its not like an age thing.

Helios79

I'd be filing an RMA with Asus to have it serviced or replaced. Hopefully you still have a warranty on it.

yoyoguy

I'll have to go dig out the box. I changed the connection from DVI to HDMI and it seems to have fixed the problem, so at least I can use it while I work on returning it.

Thank you for the help!

Twitter