What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

LED lighting for indoor growing

Mr. Friendly

I'm looking for lightweight LED strips that provide the spectrum needed for small window plants. our kitchen-not-kitchen window is below the deck, so there's next to nothing for sunlight besides ambient, which isn't enough for any plant.

I see lots of red and blue only strips...but due to the lack of space (the window has a blind installed), only a thin strip or two would fit and you need more than just red and blue spectrum, LoL.

danmitch1

Red and blue will do just fine for normal house plants..
Edit: add a couple orange and white maybe ..

danmitch1

This is what my grow lamp has, but this is for a very light hungry type of plant ;)

grow.png

lowfat

Staff member
If you want cheap and ok w/ diy. You can get cheap 5050 white led strips from Aliexpress. 5M is like $10.

Mr. Friendly

If you want cheap and ok w/ diy. You can get cheap 5050 white led strips from Aliexpress. 5M is like $10.
well, I want the house plants to be healthy. they probably won't grow much, due to low power...but they won't wilt n die.

are there any that have multiple colors for more spectrum coverage?

lowfat

Staff member
well, I want the house plants to be healthy. they probably won't grow much, due to low power...but they won't wilt n die.

are there any that have multiple colors for more spectrum coverage?
5M is a lot of power. They are rather efficient, but not like Samsung LED efficient. I grow all my indoor plants with them. Including vegetables / herbs.