What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

LED lighting for indoor growing

Mr. Friendly

Izerous

Folding Team
Places like homedepot are now also selling grow lights. With pot legalization it they seem to be slowly moving from boutique hydroponics stores to big box stores.

For example:

but there is more than that.

gingerbee

if you want some serious lumen per watt bridgelux eb series is no joke but its really for serious growing so really maybe not what you're looking for
ps those blue/purple are really good for growing low light-demanding plants ( lettuce, sprouts, and herbs ) but not for veggies or pot.
I have been an Led grower for years

Last edited:

Mr. Friendly

if you want some serious lumen per watt bridgelux eb series is no joke but its really for serious growing so really maybe not what you're looking for
ps those blue/purple are really good for growing low light-demanding plants ( lettuce, sprouts, and herbs ) but not for veggies or pot.
I have been an Led grower for years
yeh...overkill. the more I think about it, the 5ft space would be perfect for growing fresh herbs.

gingerbee

ya if your herbing it up and not the type you smoke I would suggest just getting some 5050 led strips since most will handly herbs just fine and you not caring about power and lumens per watt aliexpress would be good for something cheap that will work

Herne

yeh...overkill. the more I think about it, the 5ft space would be perfect for growing fresh herbs.
That's what I am looking at too. Got used to having essentially unlimited mint, and a supply of basil all summer. Would like to have at least some dill rosemary, and basil in particular for the winter when the store stock is often limp.

Mr. Friendly

ya if your herbing it up and not the type you smoke I would suggest just getting some 5050 led strips since most will handly herbs just fine and you not caring about power and lumens per watt aliexpress would be good for something cheap that will work
how close to the plants do these lights need to be for them to be beneficial?

Latest posts

Twitter