What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Legit Reviews on AMD Quad FX platform performance and overclocking with FX-70

Supergrover

"The pair of FX-70 processors look no different than the FX-74 processors and to be honest there is no difference at all between the parts other than what tests they passed before they were labeled. The FX-74 was able to run at a higher frequency at a lower voltage and was binned the flagship processor at the factory. The processors that didn't make the cut were again tested at lower speeds and if the passed that is what they get named. Since all AMD FX series processors are factory unlocked with a little luck, or more voltage, we should be able to get our FX-70 processors running at FX-74 clock speeds in a matter of seconds, but before we talk about that another minor QuadFX update that needs to be brought to light."

More @ Legit Reviews

M

Misoprostol

I was hoping for AMD to do a little bit better with this. I think Intel recently released a "*****-oriented" dual quad core system at CES, so it looks like AMD is really far behind at this point :(

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... ok so what word did the forum software blank out?

I'm sure you didn't curse there so it must be something "forum competition" related...... :)

Latest posts

Twitter